Sunday, April 27, 2014

Understanding E-Business

How cool is to be able to go into your bank accounts with a password and transfer funds on-line from one account to another from wherever you have secure internet access and no more needless worry about getting to the bank before they close. Or, having the ability to do all your holiday shopping via Amazon or some other on-line store at 2:00 a.m., and your packages arrive at your doorstep two days later.  No more having to stand in long lines waiting for someone to assist you with your transactions or having another shopped grab a sought after item out of your hands. 

As more and more businesses move to this format which saves them considerable money in rent expense for a store space, utilities, employee salaries, etc., I embrace the flexibility to be able to do my shopping or conduct other transactions whenever I have the time.  One drawback which concerns me about e-businesses is what will this do to our personal interactions with other individuals in the future?

My place of employment recently conducted a survey on customer traffic in our office to see if we could keep our door closed on certain days or for specific times due to the light traffic we experienced so we could concentrate on other projects. 

While I see both the pros and cons of E-Business, I am troubled because I am a “people person”, and it seems that the type of contact I am accustomed to having with others may be significantly reduced and we may be facing this sooner rather than later.


References:

Image retrieved from:  http://web2tools.biz/2013/08/ebusiness-decision-tree/

No comments:

Post a Comment