Saturday, March 15, 2014

Linked in


Linked in is known as the "world’s largest professional network".  A few weeks ago, I reacquainted myself with Linked in and contacted some of my business associates and other individuals I’ve met through ESC.  As with any type of networking website, I tend to limit my personal information and accept connections only from people I know because I am concerned about my personal information being out on the web.

The platform created for Linked in can be an awesome tool for people interested in staying connected to many people for future referrals and to promote themselves for employment opportunities.  I used it recently to connect with a couple of people I'd lost touch with but after we reconnected, we took our conversations off-line.

At this point, I don’t anticipate using Linked to seek out employment opportunities, however, should it become necessary, I know of it’s capabilities.

References:

http://spidercatmarketing.com/2014/03/02/how-to-use-linkedin-to-find-a-job-or-promote-your-business/

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, you are right about putting things out there on the web. Lately, I'm even getting kind of leery about people taking pictures with their cell phones at different gatherings I'm at. Let's just use the St. Patrick's Day parade as an example. Depending on where you work, what you might be holding in your hand could be detrimental to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. You are correct with so many cameras around, you need to be cautious about not projecting the wrong image at all times.

    ReplyDelete